How to Thank Your Veterinarian for All the Care They Provide
Thinking About Getting a Pet for the Holidays? Rescue Instead of Buying
Your veterinarian is always there for you and your pet. No matter the issues, whether it’s a checkup for your dog or a procedure on your cat, you can always count on your vet.
The holidays are here. If you decide to get a pet, will you buy or rescue? There are so many reasons to adopt a rescue pet. It’s not only good for the animal but good for you as well.
“Every year, approximately 6.5 million pets enter animal shelters nationwide, and 1.5 million become euthanized,” according to the article, “5 Reasons to Adopt, Not Shop,” at Greater Good Charities. By adopting a pet, you’re actually helping animals. And you’re helping yourself as pets help “reduce stress levels and improve blood pressure” the article said.
Here are other ways adopting a rescue pet is a great idea, according to the Greater Good Charities article:
• When you adopt, you save a life. Many times, shelters are so overcrowded that animals are euthanized for space. Adoption makes room for another pet to be saved.
• It helps stop puppy mills, which “are factory-style breeding facilities that often prioritize profit over animal welfare,” the article said.
• Adoption is more affordable and typically includes spay/neuter, first vaccines, and a microchip.
According to the article, “Top reasons to adopt a pet,” at The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), other reasons to adopt a rescue include:
• Shelters across the country are filled with amazing pets just waiting to be adopted into a new home. “Most shelter pets wound up there because of a human problem like a move or a divorce, not because the animals did anything wrong,” the HSUS article said.
• It’s easy to adopt. Stop in your local shelter or rescue and bring home an amazing pet during the holidays, or any time of year!
• You’ll change a homeless animal’s life and world.
Your holidays will be filled with extra love if you adopt a rescue pet. Everyone will win and smiles will abound.