Will you do just about anything for your pet because you just love them so much? Well TOO MUCH love isn’t always the right kind of love. As a pet owner, it’s hard not to spoil your furry friends, they are just too cute!
Giving your dog table scraps or walking your dog off-leash probably doesn’t seem so bad, but it can lead to some medical and safety issues in the future. Take a look at this article from PetMD and you will find a few mistakes to avoid as a pet owner.
Top 5 Common Pet Owner Mistakes
National Dog Day is a way for people to recognize all of the homeless pets needing to be rescued each year. Dogs put their lives on the line every day – for their law enforcement partner, for their blind companion, for a child who is disabled, for our freedom and safety by detecting bombs and drugs and pulling victims of tragedy from wreckage. Please take today to really appreciate your furry loved ones. There are many ways to show them your appreciation and extra love today…
20 ways to celebrate National Dog Day
1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
2. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your dog and others.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells puppies.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
6. Order an adorable dog shaped flower arrangement from 1-800-Flowers.com and enjoy a 10% discount by using code DOG when placing your order!
7. Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
8. Spend the day taking photos of your dog and then enter our photo contest!
9. Buy an official National Dog Day Tee here and sport it proudly!
10. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
11. Have a portrait painted of your dog to suspend the fleeting magic of dogdom.
12. Buy your dog a fun new dog toy….or two…or five.
13. Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy play resort.
15. Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
16. Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
17. Teach your dog a new trick.
18. Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
19. Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
20. Take your dog to the beach.
Our beautiful 16,500 square foot pet resort is full of your furry loved ones getting pampered while you are on vacation. Second Home Pet Resort opened September 2008, offering dog and cat boarding, doggie day care, dog and cat grooming and dog training. We are open 7 days a week, and staffed 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Our facility has 14 air conditioning units, skylights all around offering natural sunlight, and fire sprinklers located around the entire building.
Second Home Pet Resort offers daily activities for your pet to keep them in the same routine they are used to at home. Cuddle sessions are great for dogs who are couch potatoes and love to have their belly rubbed, play sessions are for the energetic pups who loves to play fetch, and our 18″ deep water park for the swimmers. Doggie day care is also offered to boarding guests as well to keep your dog active and social.
Our blog will include helpful tips and articles for you and your pet. We hope you enjoy our posts and get great information out of them.