($14.00 + per hour - pay based on relevant experience)
We pride ourselves in assuring a safe and secure environment for our pet guests around the clock. Our night attendant maintains the boarding facility while assuring that our guests have a peaceful nightâ€™s sleep.
- Securing and monitoring the boarding facility and grounds
- Quietly monitoring pet guests as they sleep
- Responding to pet guests that need extra attention during the evening hours
- Cleaning and sanitizing "people" areas (lobby, hallways, staff areas, public and employee restrooms)
- Cleaning and sanitizing animal areas and equipment (play equipment, doggie day care activity center, pet guest suites)
- Administering nighttime medications
- Late evening walks for canine guests
- Stocking supplies
- Transporting pet guests to veterinary hospital in case of emergency
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate will possess good communication skills; be able to read instructions and enter information into animal records; have an enthusiasm for and comfort around animals; be highly self-motivated; be a team player, willing to contribute where needed; and have a stable work history. Animal handling or veterinary technician experience preferred. Job involves standing and walking 80% of the time, and regular bending; ability to lift 60 pounds safely, to waist height, is required. Shift is 10:00 pm to 6:30 am; several hours of personal time for relaxing, studying, and reading is allowed during this shift after scheduled duties are complete. Must have a dependable vehicle on site in order to transport animals during an emergency.