Part Time Animal Rescue Coordinator
The owners of Second Home Pet Resort are very committed to animal rescue, and these rescued animals often require extra medical and behavioral attention and care. We are looking for someone experienced in hands-on animal welfare to help coordinate all activities related to these animals.
Hours: 25 hours per week; typically 2-3 hours per day (times are flexible), 4 days per week including Saturdays
Pay Rate: $11.00+ per hour depending on experience plus mileage reimbursement at $0.20 per mile when traveling to locations other than the pet resort
- Become familiar with the rescue animals onsite and be the go-to person with knowledge of their history, medical and behavioral situation
- Maintain detailed computer records on rescued animals in our care
- Assist the owner and management team with implementing behavioral protocols for each rescued animal to build their confidence, comfort and happiness, and to prepare them for future adoption
- Pick up animals from rescue situations, transport to veterinary appointments (usually early mornings with pickups during late afternoon), fosters or adopters
- Post and interact on animal situations using social media
- Providing hands-on care for rescued animals in the care of the pet resort as needed, to include feeding, bathing, etc.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
This could be the ideal second PT job for the right person! Prior experience as a shelter staff member, animal control officer, veterinary technician or similar experience is highly preferred. Must be compassionate, patient, be very comfortable with handling and interacting with all types of companion animals, including those who are shy and under-socialized, and be able to lift up to 60 pounds to waist level. Will require a true heart for rescue and helping those animals who have no advocates or family. Candidates should ideally live within a 10-minute drive of Second Home Pet Resort in order to be able to respond on short notice to provide transport assistance. Candidates must also have their own car and be able to transport animals in a crate or trap in their vehicle. Must have a clean, insurable driving record.